Just a guy far from home sharing skewed views and ridiculous rants for your reading pleasure. This blog is mostly harmless. Mostly.

Links to older posts are listed in the subtopics link to your right. Lower. Lower. TOO LOW!

Lower...

It's Bah-raining, It's Bah-pouring, the old man is bah-snoring 11/12/2014

I was scrolling through some blogs yesterday, (remind me to tell you about the Christians) and I saw a picture.

Now I am not an emotional man.  

I don't cry at weddings.  

I don't get choked up when I see a duck pulling a baby giraffe from a fire.  

I don't ever shed a tear when the beer runs out, (because there is always whiskey).

**Full Disclosure**
The end of Homeward Bound makes me cry with a striking resemblance to Niagara Falls.

CHANCE!  ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE IT, CHANCE!  YOU DID LAST TIME!  
COME ON, BOY! YOU CAN DO IT!

What?  You think you're tough enough to pass the test?

Have some:



I will wait til you're done.  I think you left the tissues in the other room.  

And that was just 4 minutes!  

IMAGINE THE EMOTIONS YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WATCHED IT ALL!

THAT IS HOW POWERFUL THIS MOVIE IS.  LOOK WHAT IT DID TO ANIMATED MR. T!
LOOK!

Anyway, what were we talking about?

Oh yeah, rain.  I saw a picture of rain.  Not anything epic or emotional.  Just a car windshield with rain on it.  That was it.  And I got the Homeward Bound creep in the back of my throat.

It only lasted for a second, and then it was gone.

Why had I gotten emotional over bad weather?

BECAUSE EVERY DAY HERE IS BEAUTIFUL NOW.  
ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

It is very frustrating.

SEE HOW ANNOYING THIS IS?

(for my American friends)

I wake up every single day and go outside...and it is gorgeous.  Simply perfect.  You could wear shorts, you could wear pants.  You'd be comfortable with either.

You could wear just a shirt, you could slide on a light jacket.  You'd be comfortable with either.

You could wear a scarf or not.  You'd be comfortable with either.

A SCARF.

Every single day is just as perfect as the day before.  Every week is the best weather you've ever been exposed to.  It is almost impossible to be in a bad mood when the weather is so glorious.

But there was a nucleus that sprung up quietly - innocently - in my brain at some point.  I didn't know it had even appeared.  And much like a rain drop, it slowly gathered more and more mass until it fell from the sky.

Okay, so maybe not the best analogy ever, but stay with me...

On the above picture you can click on the three tabs on the center right.  When you click the "Precipitation" tab the problem becomes apparent:

The only drops of water here are from the broken hearts of my eyes.

This is just the forecast for the next few days, though.  

Maybe there is a rainy season?  

I know who to ask!

TAA DAAAAAA!

So let's see what Mr. Wikipants has to say about the climate of Bahrain...

SEE!?

Okay okay, maybe you're not an environmental scientist...let me give you a snapshot of what I am looking at here...

 SEE!?

So I got here in Mid-August.  The month with 0 days of rain.  Not even a millimeter.  Now, as we all know, the diameter of human hair varies from 17 to 180 micrometers (0.00067 to 0.00709 in)...

Well you do now, anyway.  And we didn't even get that much.

Same with September.

But hey!  It is November, so theoretically I have seen the 10% of one day in October that usually gets rain!

Only this year it didn't happen.  I missed the 0.02 inches of October rain somehow!

Halfway into November I am still waiting for my 0.15 inches of the sky rain.  Maybe it'll happen today!?  

It is like knowing Santa Claus will be coming, but he has given you a range of a month or three in which he may...or may not...show up.

You can see the trends, however.  The rain is (maybe) coming!  

WOOOO MAKE IT BAH-RAIN UP IN HURRRRR!

2 Days of rain in January?  A half inch, you say?

BRING.  

IT.

ON.

In my childlike excitement over this new and sudden rain-lust made me hit the Goog's for some images of Bahrain rain.  I am SO excited for this!  I come from a place where people either suddenly forget how to drive the second the streets get wet, or they are comfortable doing 70 miles per hour in a blizzard.

There is no middle ground.  People that drive safely are slowly eliminated by the other two extremes.

So let us have a look at the sky wet that I can look forward to...

YES!



Wow, okay...rain gets heavy at times, does it?



Well, I guess a little flooding isn't so bad...



Sweet cuppin' cakes!  So I guess a lot of flooding then?




It appears the rain is eating that truck...



EVERYONE RUN! THE SKY IS HERE TO KILL US ALL!

While this may be a case of "careful what you wish for, because you just may get it," I am still excited for the rain.  It is odd I never noticed I missed precipitation, but I really do.  So, if you're listening Mr. Climate, maybe give this lovely little island a quick washing sometime soon, please?

If not I will be forced to complain about this perfect, beautiful, glorious, and amazing weather in a another scathing blog post with a more clever title than this one...I hope...




............................................................................................................................................




Hey! You were supposed to remind me about the Christians.  Sheesh, you and your memory...

Anyway, up top there is a "next blog" link.  Sometimes I click it and see what else is going on in other people's blog-life. Apparently other than me and a pre-teen Russian goth girl who loves to write album reviews, all other blogs are all no longer active, light blue, and can be divided into two categories:

- Christian

or

- Very Christian

Seriously, a lot of Christians blogged in 2010 and 2011...and then they stopped. 

Why?  What happened to them?  Are they safe?  

I am working on a conspiracy theory now and will probably turn it into a screenplay.  You listening, Dan Brown?  It is about time you made a comeback.  Have your people call my people.

"Always end with a cute, funny dog picture" - Dan Brown.










No comments:

Post a Comment