Just a guy far from home sharing skewed views and ridiculous rants for your reading pleasure. This blog is mostly harmless. Mostly.

Links to older posts are listed in the subtopics link to your right. Lower. Lower. TOO LOW!

Lower...

Children are terrifying, and snowmen of science Part 1 12/10/2014

Today will be a special blog...

I know, I know.

They are all special.

Thank you.  That is true.

But today I am going to write this thing in two parts.

I KNOW! WHAT IS GOING ON YOUR WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE WHY HAS EVERYTHING GONE UPSIDE DOWN!?


DOGS AND CATS, LIVING TOGETHER...MASS HYSTERIA!

Let's all calm down.

So today is the day of days, the one both you and I have been waiting for.  Today is the day that I will remember forever as...

Okay.

Ahem...

Today is the day I will remember for at least a few weeks as LK-Day.

As in "Little Kid-Day" - as in the day I take my 10th graders to a class of 3rd graders and we build snowmen of science.

Now I can understand why you are inching closer to the edge of your seat.  I get it.

You're asking yourself, "If the English call a 'flashlight' a 'torch'...what do they call a torch?  How do they differentiate?"

That is a great question.

You're probably also wondering why little kids scare me so much.

You just answered your own question.

Even the word "little" looks like I shouldn't trust it.  Little.  Nice try.  Nice...fucking...try.  

There is something...little about little kids.  They have little hands.  They have little feet.  They have little tiny heads that I could crush if I accidentally stepped on one.  Yes they carry germs and disease, but the germs and disease are adorable ones.

Sure I could lick a petri dish from the bio lab and get less sick than if I made eye contact with one of these adorable human plague rats, but that isn't what scares me about little kids.

It is the overall little-ness of them.  They can get anywhere.  And what if they touch you?  I don't want to have to cut off any of my limbs because some little kid hugged it.  I have grown quite fond of my left arm and the idea of sacrificing it to the Kid Gods is not on my holiday to-do list.

Good lord....WHAT IF ONE CRIES!?

I can't handle that.  Give me adults that cry and I know just what to do.

I take my beer and I walk away.

But when a kid does it?  I feel like I should do something...or at least, like...care...or something.

AHHHHHH KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Now, IN MY DEFENSE, I have not really been exposed to kids.  

That's illegal, you pervert.

What I mean is, I haven't been around children a lot.  Mostly because they terrify me, but this is "Which came first? The chicken or the egg" territory now...do children terrify me and that's why I haven't been around kids? Or perhaps I haven't been around kids because they terrify me?

And you wonder why I don't sleep at night with great shit like this to think about.

My sister was married to a guy with kids, but they were already nearly teens.  That doesn't count. And usually when my friends get married and have a kid that will be the last I see of them.  So the opportunity to steel myself against these little critters....these Litters...never came up, so I am still unsure how to correctly attack them.

I mean the situation.  How to best attack the situation.  Not the Litters.  I would never attack them.  I often find they travel in groups or tribes, and I would be overwhelmed if I attacked.  Also, I am quite sure it is illegal.  A protected species, the Litters.  Also, I don't want to always be "that guy that got his butt kicked by 3 babies and a binky" if I can help it.

And have you read Lord of the Flies?

Screw that.

Oh, aren't they just darling?

Let me paint a picture of why these Litters scare me.  It is all about perspective...

You show me this:



And I see this:



Or you show me this:



And I guarantee I see this:
  


I don't know what it is?

It isn't that I don't like the idea of Litters.  I was one myself.  I have walked in their tiny little adorable Litters shoes.  I know what it is like.

I don't remember the ability to smell fear like these Litters do, but I remember a lot.

So in 4 minutes the bell to start my death marc....my walk down to their lair will begin.

I am going to help them make snow out of baking soda and shaving cream, and then we are going to make snow men out of them.  I had my students make a ton of accessories for the snow men, including little Bahraini flags and things for the coming National Day.  It seems like this should be a great experience...or the last thing I ever do.

What if one of them looks at me?

What is one of them...*gulp*...talks to me!?

OH GOD WHAT IF ONE OF THEM PUTS ME IN A HEADLOCK AGAIN!?

I mean...a headlock for the first time.

First time ever that would have happened.

...

So the second part of this blog will be when I get back from this hour long descent into hell.

When I return heroically...either with my shield or on it.

Plutarch once said, "The Spartans do now ask how many are the enemy, but where they are"

Room 12.

Once I am cleared from the medical facility I am sure I will have to visit to attend to my wounds I can go about the business of the mental rehabilitation I will have to endure.  I am sure the psychological damage will be extensive.

When I get back I will update you.

...

If I get back.


No comments:

Post a Comment