Just a guy far from home sharing skewed views and ridiculous rants for your reading pleasure. This blog is mostly harmless. Mostly.

Links to older posts are listed in the subtopics link to your right. Lower. Lower. TOO LOW!

Lower...

The Moonheart Duo and Scottish male prostitutes play "Where's Wally" 10/11/2014

I want to start your blog-reading experience with something truly amazing.

Something truly artistic.


Something, I feel, that should be shared with the world one buffet at a time.  No, it isn't food 

and you can't really eat it, but it will fill your soul with the nourishing satisfaction of glory.

By now I am sure you have guessed, I am referring to the Kazakhstani sensation LIVE and

in person...


The Moonheart Duo!



Don't be fooled, they are from "Very near to China"

During the Eid break, a friend who also stayed behind had some visitors from Kuwait.  All very cool people and I enjoyed meeting them very much.  But what can you do with someone who lives in a dry country with very strict rules when they come to Bahrain?

Damn right we took them to an all you can eat and drink high class Caribbean brunch at the Dragon Hotel.

The drinks flowed from noon to 5 PM, at which point the staff in the main office thought it would be best to cause a scene and almost ensure we would not be back.  Their mistake cost us an hour of our time and money we shouldn't have had to spend.  However, they highly underestimated the volume capable of being reached by my female companions.

White girls got loud as fuck! 

But it is only money, after all.  I won't miss the food and I certainly won't miss the "Bacardi" and coke or the fact that "unlimited drinks til 5" means they stop at 4:30.  I won't miss the attitude when they made a drink of liquor and tap water and tried to claim it was a rum and soda.  

No thanks - I don't believe you.  A shot of tequila usually doesn't come in a Bud Light bottle.


Nah, I can live without that.  But I would certainly miss the Moonheart Duo!  I don't know if I got more drunk or the sweet Casio backbeats got better as time went on, but I really enjoyed them.

At one point I was listening a duo from Kazakhstan play this:


I highly recommend just listening to a moment or two in about 45 second to a minute intervals just to get the full effect...

So here I am.  A band from here:


Who look like this:



Playing a song written by this guy:





While I look out the window and snap this photo:



And as a large fan of randomness I couldn't be happier about all of that.


As I said it is a real shame the hotel front desk staff ruined what was a fairly solid outing.  

I  do believe it was a simple fact that we told someone who did understand, and that 
person had to tell another person in another language who didn't understand, and that person
had to tell another person in another language, and that is what caused it all.  But let's agree 
the hotel staff's solution of extorting cash from us before they would let us leave was a bit 
heavy handed.

Enough of that.  So where does one go after such an adventure?  We all agreed we would go 

to Ric's Kountry Kitchen so we naturally went to Dublins because I was with a few single
women and the US Navy turns out some fairly attractive young men that just so happened to 
be going to Dublin's as well.

Now, there is almost no way to top the Moonheart Duo.  There simply isn't enough...


holy shit...

Did you say a Where's Waldo, (apparently in the UK it is Where's Wally...weirdos) themed

DJ/Band dance party at Dublin's?

The place was overly decorated with these:





And the Filipino female staff was wearing these:





While the US Navy decided to play this:




I didn't even stay late enough for DJ Tunesz, (the UK's HOTTEST DJ sensation! Ahem...playing in Bahrain...) but I saw plenty.


Okay Dublin's, fine.  You win. 


Oh, there's more awesome you have to offer?


Oh yes, of course.  The male prostitute...


So I go to the restroom.  My phone had died hours ago and my pockets are about empty.  I will stay for one more and creep on home to finish my alcoholism at a lower price.  I use the restroom and out I come...what what do I see?


You guessed it:


I see this charming young man from Edinburgh unbuttoning my friend Austin's shirt on my right. On my left I see the recently passed-out-on-a-bar-table-and-so-hammered-he-can-barely-stand boyfriend (?) of the Edinburgh charmer trying to get his shirt buttoned back up by my friend Harmony...and in the middle of all of this there are about 3 older, weathered and very Irish men waiting for drinks while smoking, and completely ignoring this sudden insanity.



Kids today are spoiled I tell ya.  I had to unbutton my shirt with a potato.

I don't really know what else to say.  It degraded quickly as you could have probably guessed.


I think the point where Edinbugh was dipping his fingers in ketchup and flicking it at everyone

while laughing so hard he  was wheezing may have been the last straw. 

It could have been that.  Or when he loudly exclaimed he could suck D's better than some 

of my friends...and was willing to prove it at a lower price than they would apparently charge.

So that was my Friday in Bahrain.  One last hurrah before it is back to the grind of work - but thank goodness as I am not certain my liver could take much more brunching.


Bahrain Brunch: Come for the food and drinks.  And stay for the weird-ass shit that happens to you afterward.


No comments:

Post a Comment